½ cup white self-raising flour
½ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup milk
1 zucchini, grated
Spring onions, finely chopped
2 cobs corn (cut kernels off the cob) or 400g canned corn
2 tbs rice bran oil for cooking
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
1. Place flours in a bowl, make well in centre.
2. In a jug, whisk the eggs, add milk and oil. Pour egg mixture into flour and stir.
3. Add fresh or drained canned corn kernels, spring onions and grated zucchini into the mixture and stir to combine.
4. Season with pepper. Heat a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of rice bran oil and add ¼ cup of mixture to the pan in batches.
5. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side until golden brown. Serve with chopped avocado, cherry tomatoes and scattered basil leaves.
Makes 10-12. These are great for the next day’s lunchboxes and a yummy source of fibre, protein and monounsatured fats. Each serve of fritters (with salsa) contains 1.5-2 serves of vegetables.