Vegan, vegetarian, GF
Packed with phytonutrients, fibre, slow release prebiotic carbohydrate, plant-powered protein and monounsaturated fats, this meal is a balanced way to eat vegan or vegetarian.
Ingredients (serves 2):
180g soba noodles (ensure 100% buckwheat if GF)
300g tofu or chicken
1 sweet potato
1 cup broccoli
1 cup cauliflower
1 zucchini, sliced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 tb soy sauce (tamari if GF)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tb crushed nuts
1 tb tahini paste
1 teaspoon honey/maple syrup
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon soy sauce or tamari for GF
1. Boil soba noodles 3-4 minutes, drain and set aside
2. Heat rice bran oil in pan, add garlic, tofu or chicken and mushrooms. Once starting to brown, add soy sauce. Cook on high heat about 2 minutes and remove.
3. Steam sweet potato, zucchini, cauliflower and broccoli in the microwave until soft.
4. Add dressing ingredients in a jar, shake.
5. Divide noodles, tofu, vegetables between 2 bowls, dress with tahini sauce, scatter with crushed nuts and serve.